Image Source: Pixabay
Last week in my Christian Women’s Group, during my live broadcast, we discussed several ways of being a confident woman of God. I wanted to touch on one topic from that discussion.
• Being a confident woman of God is recognizing your weaknesses and allowing God to strengthen you.
I admit, that in my own experience my weaknesses are very frustrating at times. In my life journey and walk with God, I have come to realize that my weaknesses are just a reminder of how important it is to trust God and depend solely on Him. And understand while they are not pleasant I’m allowing His light to shine through the cracks.
The Bible tells us that “God’s grace is sufficient for you and His Strength is made perfect in weakness.”
Read – 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
If you have your Bible available, turn with me to 2 Corinthians- Chapter 12. Beginning with verse 7, The Apostle Paul is speaking about, ‘The Thorn in the flesh.’
I will be using my Expositor’s study Bible and have included the expository notes to give you a better understanding of each verse.
It reads as follows:
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the Revelations (presents the reason for the thorn in the flesh), there was given to me a thorn in the flesh (I think it was all the difficulties of 2 Cor. 11:23-27), the messenger of Satan to buffet me (an angel of Satan), lest I should be exalted above measure. (This has the Apostle concluding this sentence as it began.)
8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. (The Apostle knew it was the Lord allowing this, but He didn’t understand why.)
9. And He said unto me (the Lord responded, but did not agree), My Grace is sufficient for you (speaks of enabling Grace, which is really the Goodness of God carried out by the Holy Spirit): for My Strength is made perfect in weakness. (All Believers are weak, but the Lord tends to make us weaker, with the intention being that we then depend solely upon Him, thereby, obtaining His Strength.) Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities (because of the end result), that the Power of Christ may rest upon me. (If Paul needed so humbling and painful an experience of what the carnal nature is, it is evident that all Christians need it. Whatever weakens, belittles, and humiliates that proud and willful nature should be regarded by the Believer as most worthwhile.)
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, In persecutions, in distresses for Christ sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong (then the strength of Christ can be exhibited through me, but only when I know I am weak).
– 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 KJV
If being a broken vessel for Christ’s sake is what it takes for me to proclaim the truth of the gospel; while letting HIS light shine THROUGH the cracks…Then Yes! I want to be used as His broken vessel, and as a channel of living waters. For when I am weak, I am made strong through Christ who strengthens me.
Need I say more – I believe that explains it all!
God is so good! Thank you, Lord!
– Love, By Tina…💛
Expressions of His Love with Tina Unsell Seamon
© 2019/ Tina Unsell Seamon
Image Source: Pixabay
Image Text & Design: Tina Unsell Seamon
For more of my writing & poetry ✍️ please visit me at:
If you would like to be a part of my Women’s Christian Support Group; please feel free to send a request to join. (Women Only Please).
• Expositor Notes taken from -JSM Expositor’s Study Bible – KJV 📖
Now It’s Your Turn How has the Strength of the Lord changed your life during those moments of weakness? Feel free to share in the comments below.
More from Expressions of His Love >
Please share/follow my website https://expressionsofhisloveministry.wordpress.com/
Be sure to visit me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/expressionsofhislove/
You can also find me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/expressions_of_his_love
God Bless! May you find rest in the unfathomable riches of His goodness and grace.
Love and Blessings, Tina ♡ ~